The house was vacated by
Major AB Wardlaw Ramsay in 1938 and began to fall into disrepair. The
roof was removed and now all that remains is the stable block which
has been converted into housing and the walls of the orchard. Heathwood
Crescent with it's modern bungalows has been built where the orchard
once was but the walls can still be seen marking out garden boundaries.
The original parish Church
was built close to Tillicoultry House complete with manse and churchyard.
The old churchyard which was at the back of Tillicoultry House still
remains and although the majority of the headstones lie flat on the
ground some of the inscriptions can still be read.